The Melbourne Racing Club , Caulfield Racecourse
Mon 29 Aug| Tue 30 Aug |
The 2011 VITTA Annual Conference and Expo is shaping up as the best ever. The range and diversity of sessions is vast, and lights up the spectrum of digital learning. Leading and Learning from the Edge is designed for all learners. It explores the exciting environments and the opportunities for students and teachers to enhance their learning through technology. Leading and Learning from the Edge highlights the innovation, creativity and achievement of teachers and students nationally in and beyond the classroom.
- Get up to date with ICT leadership ~ infrastructure, pedagogy and professional learning
- Extend your knowledge of digital citizenship and implementation of school policies
- Learn more about ICT management directions and technical initiatives
- Update knowledge and requirements for the specialist IT Studies and VCE VET Interactive Digital Media
- Learn about exciting ways to implement the AUSVELS and enquiry based learning
- Learn how the Australian Curriculum affects the way you develop curriculum, and teach and assess your students
- Learn how to get the best of learning management systems, new online learning spaces and tools for collaboration
- Learn how Games are good for learning across all disciplines
- Learn how Mentoring, eMentoring and Student led learning can improve outcomes for all
- Explore the latest technologies to enable digital learning best practice in class and across all school processes: mobile devices, netbooks, iPods, blogs, digital tablets, multimedia, mobile and wireless technologies, robotics and more...
- Explore the latest technical developments in web, hardware and software
- Network with colleagues and ICT experts
- Meet ICT Industry Experts who can inspire your students in deciding on their ICT pathways
- Extend your professional and personal understanding of ICT in teaching and learning
- Learn about the latest global, national and local ICT curriculum developments
- Learn of new intiatives promoting ICT careers
Check out the Conference Expo - over 60 exhibitors who can assist the school's decisions in implementing ICT infrastructure and elearning plans. This year VITTA will have an exciting Support Our Sponsors program sponsors and exhibitors. With ICT infrastructure playing such an important part in our schools, the Expo will give teachers and decision makers the opportunity to view the latest developments in IT education products and services from a wide range of educational suppliers to the P – Y12 sector.
Speak with the professionals who can assist you to develop the best solutions to your hardware, software, networking and professional development problems. The exhibitors are among the most knowledgeable people in the country and they are very happy to discuss your issues with you.